Barb Schlinker Radio Show
719-301-1802 | 719-301-3900
Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Colorado
COVID Level ORANGE, HOW DOES THAT AFFECT THE REAL ESTATE MARKET NOW? I heard the Governor declared most of the heavily populated counties in the state under. Real Estate is considered an ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Not much has changed as far as how we do business. Level Orange is in effect for El Paso, Pueblo, Teller, Elbert, Teller, Douglas & Jefferson and all the counties around Denver and many other. We have the state-mandated precautions in place.
PRECAUTIONS WHEN providing Real Estate Services:
- Social Distancing
- Wipe Down After Showings
- No More than 10 at Open Houses
- Wear Masks and Gloves at Showings
- Wear Masks at Office
- Thermometer checks at Office
- Meet virtually where possible
We Provide all Protective Equipment both in our listings and in our office. Common sense, Don’t go out and infect others if sick. I don’t know how it spreads. I know I could have been exposed and found out about it 1 week after I met with those 3 people. Two were sick the other was not. I was not. In fact, we hugged at the end of the meeting.
We spent nearly 6 hours together. I’m in my 60s, at the end of the day of people who need to buy or sell a house we want to help them. We have Zoom technology to get started. Most need to see homes in person to make a decision and we can do that in separate care. Have there been changes in demand for features of homes as a result of people both working from home and attending school at home? Yes, there are quite a few new trends and I think, going forward after this is behind us, we will like some of these trends. People are more interested in spaces that accommodate studying working and exercising from home.
Trends such as:
- Space efficient exercise equipment like:
- Rowing machines
- Stationary bikes
- Working & Learning from home involves a few adjustments right now:
- All the kids are doing online learning.
- They need high-speed internet and quiet spaces to focus on.
- Many formal dining rooms even parts of garages are getting converted to office areas
- ‘Must-haves’ include:
- Good lighting
- Fresh air
- High-speed internet
- Mini fridges
- Outdoor spaces to read and relax are important as well.
- Hot tubs
- Outdoor living rooms
165 total views, 2 views today