If you like this video, please share, subscribe and like and I would love to read your comments on this topic. Thank you for watching!
If you would like to receive a Free report Call Barb Schlinker at 719-301-1802 or Fill Out the Form to Get Your FREE Report Emailed to You
#downsizing #sellingyourhome #barbschlinker #coloradosprings #yourhomesoldguaranteed
The Top Five Tips for Downsizing a Home
- Many people decide to downsize for different reasons, the home is too big, they don’t need all that space, they want to simplify their life and be able to travel more and I find many are moving to be closer to family and the amazing grandkids. The task of downsizing, for most, can be daunting.
- #1 – Have an Exciting Vision of Your Next Destination. Some people have already done this. I recently met with a few home sellers who have bought their next home first, moved out then they are selling the larger home. That is the lower stress way for sure.
- For that vision consider the destinations homes:
- Size, # bedrooms, # baths, Floor plan & location.
- Not all do this. I have a few clients who really were not planning a move but they saw the perfect home and jumped on it.
- #2 – Create a Simple Room by Room Checklist of What must be kept and what must go.
- I was recently talking with a home seller about this. My stagers usually walk through our clients’ homes and put pieces of blue painter’s tape on the things that must get re-purposed or stored and not needed for showing.
- Also suggested is to use different color markers or tape specific to rooms, when you pack.
iii. We have resources that can help you’re-purpose things you may not want to keep.
I know from our own home if it was every time for us to downsize, there the whole thing seems a bit overwhelming, what are some other tips to downsize?
- De-clutter seems to be a challenge for most home sellers, especially when downsizing.
- My best recommendation is to:
- Take photos of every room
- People tend to get accustomed to clutter.
- Once you see photos, it’s pretty obvious what things have to go.
- Then eat the elephant 1 bite at a time as they say…meaning
- Take it one room at a time.
- We provide General Staging Tips to our home sellers to help them get started. It includes things like:
- Everything off the kitchen counters except coffee pot
- Same with bathrooms
iii. Neat and tidy, free of counter stuff
- And, of course, clean, clean, clean as you go.
We are here talking with Barb Schlinker of Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty, you can reach Barb at 719-301-1802 or visit www.BarbHasTheBuyers.com.
1) What are some other of the Top Five Tips to Help You Downsize?
- Some people assume a home has to be in show condition before they meet with a real estate agent. Do not worry about that. Our team can help you get the show ready. We do not take photos on day 1. 99% of home sellers are NOT ready for photos when we first meet. It’s ok????
- We offer a FREE, no-obligation consultation on what to do and what not to do to get their home ready to sell, Our service includes professional stagers, who often double as professional organizers and help direct the de-clutter process.
- You really want to hire an agent who has a team that can help you through the entire process.
- We also offer a FREE Report on the 7 Key Tips to Help you Downsize to a Smaller Home, just give us a call at 719-301-1802 and we will send it right out.
Thanks for reading Barb Schlinker the Real Estate Voice of Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty, you can reach Barb at 719-301-1802 or visit www.BarbHasTheBuyers.com