According to our MLS statistics – 74% of agents in the Pikes Peak region sell 3 or less homes a YEAR! To me that is a shocking fact! No wonder there is an 80% turnover in the business every few years!
So how do you avoid being one of those agents?
I’m Barb Schlinker with Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Colorado.
After 24 years in the business, I still am amazed that in Colorado, we are given 1 month of training to handle people’s largest asset and sent into the world to do just that with very little training, very little knowledge and even less skill.
Worse yet is the public assumes that real estate agents know all there is to know about handling their largest asset, just because they just ARE agents. When they do give business to agents who disappointment them, they become skeptical of all of us.
No wonder 83% of people will NOT go back to the last real estate agent they used before!
Its not that the agent had bad intensions, just poor training!
My biggest dilemma, I found, when I started in the business is that there was very little training on obtaining business.
Most Brokerages DO Provide Training on:
- How to keep Your Brokers out of Legal Trouble
- How to Fill out Forms (but probably not what the forms mean)
- How to Beg Everyone You Know Dozens of Timers to Year in hopes of getting their business (if they had any).
Here is what most agents Need to Know:
- How to Find Customers
- How to Convert Customers into Clients
- How to Serve Clients so well them become Raving Fans
- How to Get Repeat and Referral Business
- How to Control the Flow of their business so it works without them being ‘Agent 24/7’
If you are the kind of agent that wants to grow your real estate business and have these core values:
- You Want to Provide Great Service
- You are Results Driven
- You Value Relationships
- You Want to Embrace Continuous Improvement
I’d really like to talk with you.
Please call my office at 719-301-1802.
127 total views, 1 views today